Makes one loaf
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons organic rice malt syrup
- 1 cup low fat milk (or another milk of your choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bananas (mashed) and one sliced for decorating
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup natural walnuts, roughly chopped.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Whisk the eggs and milk until frothy.
- In another bowl add the flour, baking powder, syrup, olive oil, bananas, vanilla, cinnamon and walnuts and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the egg and milk mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour into a baking paper lined loaf tin.
- Arrange the sliced banana lengthwise on top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until cooked through and nicely browned on top.