Makes one smoothie
Raw Cacao Powder is readily available from health foods stores. In addition to adding a delicious chocolate flavour, it is packed with antioxidants, magnesium and nutrients that will help you feel energised, healthy and happy. This is a great healthy item to add to your pantry.
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk (I use almond breeze)
- one frozen banana, chopped
- 1 teaspoon organic raw cacao powder (I use Loving Earth)
- 1 teaspoon flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (I use Bioglan).
- 1/2 teaspoon Maca powder (I use Loving Earth)
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar (a low GI alternative which adds a toffee flavour and sweetness)
- A handful of raw cacao nibs to sprinkle on the top.
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smoothie. Serve in a glass jar with extra cacao nibs sprinkled on top.
Ensure you peel the banana before freezing it – If you don’t, you will be unable to remove the skin once frozen (I know from experience!!!). I freeze my peeled bananas whole, wrapped in tin foil. Alternatively you can chop into pieces and freeze in a container for later use. Enjoy x