This cake is deliciously moist and super easy to make. You may well be surprised just how tasty a raw cake can be…
- 5 cups raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 1 cup Medjool dates, chopped, pips removed
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped roughly
- 2 large raw carrots, peeled and grated
- The zest from one orange
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or a sugar alternative)
- Greek yoghurt (to serve)
- Combine walnuts, chia seeds, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, orange zest, juice, sugar and sea salt into a food processor and blend until well mixed and finely chopped.
- Add dates and apricots and process again until well combined.
- Add grated carrot and vanilla and process again until mixed through.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add almond meal and mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into a baking paper lined springform round cake tin (15-20cm).
- Place in the fridge and leave to set for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of thick and creamy natural Greek yogurt, a sprinkle of chopped raw walnuts and a carrot ribbon.