Tasty and surprisingly similar to regular pasta, zucchini pasta known as ‘zoodles’ is so easy to make, you’ll be ready to eat in less than 5 minutes. Zoodles are a good low carb, nutrient packed alternative to regular pasta. I eat the zoodles raw, but if you would like to saute them for a couple of minutes in extra virgin olive oil you can certainly do so, just be careful not to overcook them, as the zoodles will become mushy and fall apart.
- 1 zucchini, made into spirals using a Spiralizer such as this one here.
- 1 tablespoon pesto – see my recipe for basil pesto here (or use a good quality store bought alternative).
- 20-25 grams low fat feta.
- 1 sprig fresh lemon thyme.
This dish is also really yummy with the addition of toasted pine nuts and/or chicken breast.
- Make the zucchini pasta using a Spiralizer. If you don’t have a spiralizer you could peel the zucchini into long ribbons instead.
- Place the zucchini, feta and pesto in a small bowl and combine gently.
- Serve with fresh lemon thyme sprinkled on top.