This recipe is a perfect one to whip up for that special person in your life this Valentines Day. It’s raw, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and super easy to make. Although it’s a healthier version of a typical fat and sugar laden commercial cheesecake, it should still be eaten in moderation. I.e. one piece, not the entire cake 🙂 Enjoy! x
- 2 cups natural macadamias (can be substituted for almonds)
- 2 cups almond meal
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- 2 cups medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil (I used loving earth)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean extract
- 2 avocados, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder (I used loving earth)
- 3 tablespoons low fat coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup (or an alternate sweetener of your choice)
- To make the base, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. The mixture should stick together when pressed together with your fingers.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a springform round cake tin and refrigerate or freeze while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the base and smooth out until nicely even.
- Refrigerate covered for at least 2 hours until ready to serve.
- Serve with raw cacao nibs, raspberries or dark chocolate slivers.