Time: 20- 25 minutes (excluding pre-soaking time).
Dietary notes: Vegan, dairy free, gluten-free.
- 1 cup buckinis – I use Loving Earth (if you don’t have buckinis substitute with any raw nuts – macadamias work well).
- 1 cup almond meal
- A pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- I cup medjool dates, chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon coconut paste or oil (I used Loving Earth)
- 2 cups raw cashews (pre-soaked and drained)
- ¾ cup 100% coconut water – no added sugar
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or alternative sweetener such as stevia or agave nectar)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla paste
- 2 cups frozen mango
- One fresh mango
- Fresh blueberries to decorate
- Soak the cashews in a bowl of water for a minimum of four hours and then strain and set aside.
- To make the base, combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined. If the mixture doesn’t stick together when pressed together with your fingers add more dates.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a springform round cake tin and freeze while you make the middle layer.
- To make the middle layer, combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cashew cream mixture over the base and smooth out until nicely even.
- To make the top layer blend the frozen mango in a food processor until thick and creamy. Smooth the mango over the cashew cream until nicely even.
- Peel and slice the mango and decorate by using the slices to form a flower shape in the middle. Add blueberries in the middle of the flower if desired.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours then store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Enjoy x