Our house smells like cinnamon after baking this yummy banana bread today. This banana bread is sweet and moist with the perfect contrast of crunch from the maple almond topping. Any questions please let me know. Enjoy x
Time: 50 minutes
- ¼ cup wholemeal plain flour, sifted
- 1 ¼ cup wholemeal self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons heart smart margarine, melted (alternatively use coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup natvia (alternatively you can use organic maple syrup or another sweetener)
- ½ cup skim milk
- 3 free range eggs
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- ½ cup raw almonds, chopped roughly
- 3 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (fan forced).
- Line a bread baking tin with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, natvia and salt in a large mixing bowl and combine.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs lightly.
- Add the milk, bananas and margarine to the eggs and gently combine.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and combine well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking paper lined tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- In the last 10 minutes, take the banana bread out of the oven and sprinkle with the chopped almonds then drizzle evenly with the maple syrup before returning to the oven for the remaining time.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy x
Serving tip – This is delicious toasted and spread with a natural peanut butter (I use Mayvers).
See the below for nutritional data, per 100 grams.