These lemon, macadamia and coconut bliss balls are super easy to make and bursting with citrus flavour. My Mumma and I recently whipped up a batch of these together and she promised to make these healthy snacks herself at home. I love helping others to see that healthy eating need not be complicated or tasteless. Enjoy! x
Dietary Requirements: Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan
- 2 cups almond meal
- 135ml reduced fat coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup coconut flakes plus extra for covering the balls
- The juice and zest from 1.5 lemons
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or organic maple syrup)
- 5-6 medjool dates, pip removed & roughly chopped
- 2 cups raw nuts of your choice (I used 1/4 cup almonds & 1 & 3/4 cups macadamias), roughly chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into small, even sized balls.
- Pour the coconut flakes onto a dinner plate.
- Roll each ball in the coconut flakes until well covered.
- Place the bliss balls in the fridge for at least 30 minutes until firm.