These yummy vanilla chia puds can be made in 5 minutes flat. Despite their tiny size, chia seeds pack a nutritious punch with fibre, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients. Perfect for breakie or dessert and suitable for those following a gluten-free and/or vegan diet. Enjoy x
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (swap with any milk of your choice)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt (or your preferred yoghurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp. coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp. flaked almonds
- Optional extra toppings – pumpkin seeds, berries, flax seeds
- Combine the milk in a bowl with the chia seeds, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Cover and place in the fridge for approx. 20-30 minutes (or overnight), until the chia seeds have expanded and absorbed much of the liquid. If the pudding is too runny add a tablespoon of chia until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Till each glass with ½ of the chia pudding mixture then top with the yoghurt.
- To serve, top with the sliced banana, coconut, almonds and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Enjoy x