This nutty granola is breakfast perfection. Packed with healthy fats and just the right amount of sweetness, it will keep you nourished and satisfied well into lunch time. For a gluten-free granola, swap the rolled oats for quinoa flakes. Enjoy x
Makes a big batch!
- 150 grams raw cashews
- 120 grams raw macadamias
- 150 grams pepitas
- 50 grams raw flaked or whole almonds
- 4 cups rolled oats (or quinoa flakes for gluten-free)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or paste
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- Pinch Himalayan rock salt
- Place the nuts in a food processor and blend until roughly chopped.
- Transfer the nuts to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds and salt and stir until well combined.
- Melt the coconut oil and combine in a small bowl with the vanilla and maple syrup.
- Pour over the dry mixture and stir until the granola is evenly coated.
- Spread the granola evenly onto a baking paper lined tray.
- Bake at 180 degrees for approximately 30-40 minutes. Check the the granola every 10 minutes and give it a gentle stir to ensure the granola is evenly browned.
- Serve with milk or yoghurt of your choice and fresh berries.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Enjoy! x
- Swap the nuts to suit your preference (pistachios work really well).
- Add some chopped dried fruit for added sweetness (think Goji berries, dried apricot and apple).
- Swap the rolled oats for quinoa flakes for a gluten-free friendly granola.
- Swap the maple syrup with another tablespoon of coconut oil if you prefer a less sweet granola.