This flourless cinnamon pear cake received the big thumbs up from my awesome colleagues this afternoon. We devoured it paired with chai lattes…best combo ever! Enjoy x
Gluten and refined sugar free
- 1.5 pears (I used William Bartlett but use any you like!)
- 3 cups almond meal
- 3 free range eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/3 cup Natvia natural sweetener (swap with organic maple syrup if preferred)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees (fan forced).
- Line a 20cm diameter cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine the almond meal, natvia, baking powder and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Grate one of the pears (skin intact) and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the grated pear and gently combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently combine.
- Slice the remaining 1/2 a pear into thin slices and arrange into a flower shape in the centre of the cake.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until nicely golden and cooked through.
- Serve warm with coconut ice-cream or yoghurt.
Swap – If you’re not a fan of pear, try swapping the pear with grated apple or finely chopped pineapple.