Turn the oven on and master your baking technique with this easy recipe for a nutritious and delicious mouth watering snack. These wholemeal muffins make a perfect addition to children’s lunch boxes and are a tasty option to keep hunger pangs at bay during the workday.
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 ¾ cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (or substitute with organic coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup or sugar alternative i.e. Stevia.
- 3 free range eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- Sift the flour and combine in a large mixing bowl with the oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the milk, eggs, oil, vanilla and maple syrup and stir until well combined.
- Add the mashed bananas and fold through the mixture.
- Grease a 12 tin muffin tray with spray olive oil or coconut oil and spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin pan holes.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through (ready when a cake skewer inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean).
- Best served warm with a thin spread of margarine or butter and fresh berries.
- Enjoy x