I recently whipped up a couple of batches of this gluten-free granola for two of my girlfriends who are brand new mummies. It’s low GI and packed with protein, fibre and healthy fats, making it an ideal breakie to kick start your day.
- 250g organic quinoa flakes
- 150g raw unsalted cashews
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup organic coconut chips
- 2 tbsp. organic maple syrup, rice malt syrup, or alternative sweetener
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch Himalayan rock salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add the coconut oil and rice malt syrup and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until nicely browned. Stir every 15 minutes to ensure the granola is evenly browned.
- Serve with your choice of yoghurt or milk and fresh berries.