This thick, delicious and satisfying smoothie bowl will provide you with a good source of healthy fats, fibre and protein along with several fruit and veggie serves to contribute towards your daily requirement. This recipe is gluten and dairy free and suitable for vegans.
Makes one smoothie bowl
Small handful of green grapes (frozen or fresh)
- Small handful of spinach leaves
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup frozen avocado pieces (fresh can be used, but frozen make the smoothie bowl nice and thick)
- 1 frozen banana, chopped into pieces
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon LSA or psyllium husks (optional)
- ¾ water (or unsweetened coconut water)
- Place all ingredients in a blender (I use the Nutribullet) and pulse until well combined and thick with no visible lumps.
- Serve with your choice of toppings. I topped mine with coconut chips, sunflower kernels, sliced apple and strawberries. Granola, chopped nuts and chopped banana also work well.
- Eat immediately.
- Enjoy! x