You’ve probably heard lots about the new buzz food Matcha! But what exactly is Matcha? Matcha describe 100% pure organic green tea leaves ground into powder. With matcha, the whole tea leaf is consumed. As a result, the powder packs 137 x the antioxidants of regular green tea antioxidants, helping to boost immunity and fight free radicals in the body.
A tasty way to enjoy matcha is in a dessert form, such as this healthy nana-cream. Enjoy!
Dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder (I use Matcha Maiden http://www.matchamaiden.com/)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon organic maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Slice the banana and combine with the matcha powder, vanilla, maple syrup and milk in a food processor and blitz until smooth and well combined.
- Place in an airtight container and leave until frozen.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cacao nibs, chia seeds or flaked coconut.