Chia seeds are packed with protein, good fats and fibre, making them the perfect base for many breakfast recipes. This vanilla chia pud is allergy friendly (gluten and dairy free) and can be easily adapted to suit all taste buds. The only limitation is your imagination!
Makes 2 chia puds
- 1 cup unsweetened, calcium fortified almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt if dairy free)
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp. coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp. chopped raw, unsalted nuts
- Optional extra toppings – Pepita or sunflower seeds, sliced banana, fresh berries
- Combine the milk, chia seeds, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl and mix gently.
- Evenly divide the mixture into two glass jars or breakfast bowls then cover and place in the fridge overnight, or until the chia seeds have expanded and absorbed much of the liquid.
- To serve, top each chia pud with the yoghurt, strawbs, coconut and nuts.
- Enjoy! x