Turmeric’s popularity on the health scene is growing at a lighting speed and it’s here to stay. Its popularity is well deserved due to its anti-inflammatory, relaxation and immune enhancing benefits. Turmeric’s active compound is curcumin, an antioxidant with potent anti-inflammatory abilities.
I have used the dried, powered version of turmeric in this recipe however you can certainly sub this for the whole root (grate and use the equivalent amount as ground). Why not try swapping your morning coffee for this tasty elixir twice a week? Your body will thank you for it. This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan friendly.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon honey or stevia
- Pinch of fresh (grated) or ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cinnamon (plus a little extra to serve)
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan at a medium heat, stirring continuously until well combined and warm.
- Serve with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.