Chia seeds are packed with protein, good fats and fibre, making them the perfect base for many breakfast recipes. This delightfully summery mango chia pud is allergy friendly (gluten and dairy free) and can be easily adapted to suit all taste buds. The only limitation is your imagination!
Makes 2 chia puds
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen mango pieces, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract or paste
- 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt if dairy free)
- Extra mango pieces
- 2 tbsp. coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp. chopped raw, unsalted nuts
- Optional extra toppings – pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, sliced banana
- Blitz the mango in a food processor until smooth.
- Combine the milk, chia seeds, mango, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl and mix gently.
- Evenly divide the mixture into two glass jars or breakfast bowls then cover and place in the fridge overnight, or until the chia seeds have expanded and absorbed much of the liquid.
- To serve, top each chia pud with the yoghurt, extra mango pieces, coconut and nuts