This flourless orange and almond cake never disappoints. It has a rich citrus flavour, is super moist and never heavy. Enjoy yours with a generous dollop of Greek yoghurt, shaved coconut and fresh orange zest.
- 2 whole oranges (skin on)
- 3 cups almond meal
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla essence or paste
- Boil oranges (with skin) for 1 hour until soft, drain then allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan forced).
- Roughly chop oranges and blend in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs (beaten), maple and vanilla to the mixing bowl and combine. Add almond meal and baking powder and stir until well combined.
- Bake in a 20cm baking paper lined cake tin for approximately 60 minutes or until nicely golden and cooked through. Allow to cool completely before removing from tin.
- Serve with a generous dollop of Greek yoghurt, shaved coconut and fresh orange zest. Yum!