Gluten free – Dairy Free
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or paste)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or a milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil, melted (plus extra to cook)
- 1.3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (or a no sugar added bottled alternative)
- 3 tablespoons raw organic cacao powder
- Zest from one large orange
- a handful of raw cacao nubs, to serve
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl or food processor and mix until well combined and frothy. Add more almond milk to achieve the pancake consistency you desire.
- Add 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil to a non-stick pan and melt at a medium heat.
- Place spoonfuls of pancake mixture into the pan and cook until bubbles begin to form on the top of the pancakes. Once bubbles form flip the pancakes and leave to brown on the other side (should take approximately 30 seconds – 1 minute).
- Serve with natural Greek yoghurt, or coconut yoghurt to keep dairy free. Add an extra squirt of orange juice and a sprinkle or cacao nibs for extra flavour and crunch.