- 120 grams Kale
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon pesto (refer to my quick pesto recipe under the Dinner category).
- 1/3 cup goats feta, crumbled
- 500 grams organic chicken breast
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- Place the sliced lemon and peppercorns in a saucepan of water and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken and cook under the chicken is cooked through (approximately 6-8 minutes).
- Once cooked, take the chicken out of the water and leave to sit while you prepare the salad.
- To make the salad, combine the kale, olive oil and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Massage the Kale ensuring that the olive oil and salt are evenly mixed throughout.
- Continue to massage the kale until the colour changes to a bright green and reduces in size (this will take approximately 1 minute).
- Add all other ingredients and toss gently until combined.
- Shred the chicken roughly (using two forks works well!!) and gently combine with the salad.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of walnuts and pepitas and enjoy x