- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup crunchy 100% peanut butter (I used Mayvers)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao spread (I used Mayvers)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds (or nut of your choice).
- 1 1/2 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup 85% cocoa chocolate
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon stevia granules
1. Sift flour evenly between two mixing bowls.
2. Place rice syrup and coconut oil in a microwave safe jug. Microwave for 20 seconds. Remove from the microwave and mix until the oil has melted. Add peanut butter and cacao spread and mix well. Now add vegetable oil and mix until well blended and glossy – this should make 1 cup.
3. Add half a cup of the peanut butter mixture to each flour bowl. Add almonds into one bowl, and sift cacao powder and chopped chocolate into the other.
4. Mix each until dough forms.
5. Shape doughs into two rectangular logs. Place peanut butter/cacao spread log on top of the chocolate log, pressing down gently.
6. Cut logs into 1cm thick slices and using the side of a knife form rectangular bars. Place in an airtight container and freeze for 15 minutes.
7. Melt coconut oil, add cacao powder and stevia granules. Mix well to combine. Dip each frozen Snickers bar in the chocolate and place back in the fridge or freezer to set.